Always Consult A Solicitor For Legal Advice

Personal Injury Special Damages

I want to apply for personal injury compensation but the section on Form A for personal injury special damages is very limited. What should I do?

If your application for an assessment to the Injuries Board features a substantial amount of personal injury special damages such as loss of income or costs you have incurred which are directly related to the injury for which you are claiming – it is recommended that you submit your application online.

You can declare the amount you are claiming for loss of wages, if known, in Part 8 of the online application to the Injuries Board (“Special Damages”) and Part 9 (“Medical and Other Expenses”) includes text boxes which can accommodate thousands of characters compared with the relatively small amount of space on the paper copy of Application Form A.

You should have as much space as you need to give details of the personal injury special damages you wish to claim for by submitting your claim online, and it will be possible for you to retain your original documents rather than post them with the hard copy Form A as the facility exists online to upload any supporting documents.

Also – assuming that you have access to a private computer rather than a shared or public one – your personal injury special damages online claim is processed on the Injuries Board secure server and you will be provided with a unique user number and password. You will then be able to return to your online application form and alter it if necessary or you can track the progress of your claim for injury compensation.

It is highly recommended that your application is reviewed by an expert solicitor to make sure that each element of your claim that qualifies for special damages is sufficiently communicated as personal injury special damages can often encompass a significant part of a compensation claim when you have suffered an injury in an accident which you were not responsible for. This is especially true if you will be unable to work for a long period of time or will need structural modifications to your home to allow wheelchair access.

If you are unable to visit a solicitor in the near future, you would still be well advised to discuss the circumstances of your accident and injury with a solicitor over the telephone to make sure that there are no errors or omissions on your application form to the Injuries Board which may have a negative impact on your right to claim personal injury special damages.

Our 100% Guarantee to you:
  • Speak to a specialist injury claim solicitor
  • Impartial and practical advice provided
  • Helpful and courteous at all times
  • No legal jargon